Friday, January 20, 2012

Baby, It's Cold Outside and I'm going Insane!

The endless, Northern, indoor, winter months can seem relentless. Couple that with 2-year-old training (potty and otherwise), and it's the perfect mix for insanity! It's times like this we at-home and homeschooling moms begin to grope for the next best moment to escape.


View from my scenic window - winter serenity.

What will it be, another trip to the library (with the same 2 year old?), walking the stores (cash all spent!), or inviting friends over (that would mean cleaning the house). Just gotta wonder sometimes why God made this time of the year--it just seems to bog me down.

Most of my southern friends have no idea. Well, maybe they do, but they tell me, it is different. Us northerners are downcast, sun deprived, overweight, and generally cranky in the winter. Yep, we are--me included.  !!!NEWSFLASH!!!! It's January in Michigan - what more can I say?


Amish Guys residing the barn. I took a picture of them, just for fun...they had no idea.

Yah, yah, yah, I know, there is new life under the tundra and spring necessitates the bleak mid-winter. But do I have to like it? No, no I don't, not one bit.

In the last month I've heard two of my friends mention they are either writing a "Life Purpose Statement" or a purpose statement for homeschooling. Have you done this already or recently? I'd love to hear what you've come up with. All In all, I do believe, right now it would be a good time for me to revisit, remind, and rewrite the same for WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD A MOTHER CHOOSE TO BE HOME 24/7 WITH 7 CHILDREN??

Tune in next month to see what I came up with.
In the meantime, join in singing, "Baby it's Cold Outside".

((DISCLAIMER: Life is really not all that bad. I do not have SDD or depression, please do not suggest I buy a sunlamp. I do take Vitamins. However, if' you have scribed a purpose statement, please do share that! Thank you))


1 comment:

  1. What a rebel you are Cherith, taking photos of unsuspecting Amishmen...haha! I had great intentions of writing a purpose statement sort of thing before we started school last fall and it never materialized...maybe I should revisit that!

    ReplyDelete